Table of Contents
Disable default wp-cron.php behavior #
Add the following like to your wp-config.php file.
This will disable the default wp-cron.
You can now setup a real cron job via your hosting.
Real Cron Job Setup #
To setup “real cron job”, you will want to setup a new cron job with your hosting, that will trigger the following command every minute:
wget -q -O - https://yourdomain.com/wp-cron.php?doing_wp_cron >/dev/null 2>&1
You can contact your website hosting to help with this.
If you have access to “cPanel”:
- Login to your hosting cPanel and then search for CRON.
- Click on Cron Jobs and create a new one.
- Select Once Every Minute from Common Settings.
- Then in “command” add the command show above. Replace https://yourdomain.com/ with your site URL.
- Click “Add New Cron Job” and you are done.